Boldies, National Fitness Day: 7 signs that you’ve totally fallen in love with exercise
By LizC. Published 2020-09-23BOLD-Fitness
As we age exercise becomes even more important
1. You don’t care that your alarm goes off at 6amBefore you discovered the gym, you’d bark at anyone attempting to rouse you from sleep more than 30 minutes before you needed to leave for work or get up. These days though, you practically jump out of bed at the thought of sweating it out at the crack of dawn. Yep, you’ve changed.
2. You get grumpy when all the spots get taken at your favourite classWhen you first started exercising, a full class was a blessing in disguise; it was basically an excuse to skip the whole thing. Now though, you dread the thought of a wait list. If you can’t get a place on your favourite lunchtime class with that killer playlist, it puts a downer on the whole day.
3. You practically live in activewearOne great thing about the gym? The clothes are so damn comfy. Stretchy leggings, roomy shorts, springy trainers – we’re never spending a Saturday afternoon in jeans ever again.
4. Your social media account has become a progress trackerWhether it’s hitting that running PB, nailing a set of box jumps or lifting a heavier barbell, there’s nothing more satisfying than sharing your achievements with the rest of the fitness community on Instagram.
5. You’ve even started to ‘speak’ fitnessYou’ve fallen in love with metabolic conditioning and you know all about AMRAPs. Oh, and don’t get us started on isometric movements. Yep, you’re totally fluent in gym chat.
6. You love trying out anything newWhether it’s a sunny session of slacklining, trying out surf-yoga or even testing your mettle in a obstacle course like Tough Mudder, you see new fitness challenges as an opportunity to try something new. That gymtimidation you used to get at the start of a new class has totally been replaced with excitement and curiosity.
- You can’t imagine your life without staying fit
BoldieLinks:Find great resources and ideas on the National Fitness Day website here
We think you'll also enjoy
Cycling around the UK
Cycling around the UKBy Andrew Stark, 2020-02-07
Inspired to get on your bike? 5 amazing ways cycling can boost health and wellbeing
From feeling happier to protecting your heart, TheBoldAge spins through the benefits of biking.By Liz Connor, 2020-05-19
6 reasons why walking is the most underrated form of exercise
It may be simple, but walking really is one of the best – and cheapest – ways to boost mental and physical health. TheBoldAge finds out why.By Liz Connor, 2020-11-03
Its good to exercise whatever your age
Think getting older should mean putting your feet up? think againBy Lisa Salmon, 2020-09-03