How can you give yourself the best chance of a good night’s sleep?
By Nigel Pritchard. Published 2022-05-09BOLD-Wellbeing
TheBoldAge continues its discussion on sleep
- Consider your caffeine intake
- Hot Cocoa
- Warm milk
- Avoid an alcoholic or sugary nightcap
- Bonus idea – choose cherries
- Relax the muscles in your face, including your tongue, jaw and the muscles around your eyes.
- Drop your shoulders as low as they’ll go before relaxing your upper and lower arm on one side, and then the other.
- Breathe out, relax your chest and then, finally, relax your legs, starting with your thighs and moving to your lower legs.
- Once you’ve relaxed your body for ten seconds, you must attempt to clear your mind of all thoughts. In the book ‘Relax and Win’ Championship Performance, several ideas were put forward for this. The ones we like are: Picture yourself lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but blue sky above you; or repeat the words ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ in your mind for ten seconds
We think you'll also enjoy
Its good to exercise whatever your age
Think getting older should mean putting your feet up? think againBy Lisa Salmon, 2020-09-03
Eating Healthily is a Foodie Adventure and not Food Hell
Despite the confusing messages and sensationalist reporting eating healthily can be fun and an adventure.By Nigel Pritchard, 2021-03-08