By Catrin Thomas . Published 2022-05-11BOLD-Food
Delicious on sliced sourdough toast or a toasted baguette slice
- Pack of smoked mackerel fillets
- 100g grated cheddar cheese, we prefer mature cheddar and add a little more than we have here but that's for our taste. the point is you can play around. That said we would do slightly less if we were adding parmesan as described in the next step
- An optional extra is to add 25g of parmesan, certainly not essential
- 3 teaspoons of horseradish sauce
- 3 tablespoons of crème fraiche
- 0.5 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, again optional
- Handful of chives, finely chopped
- Teaspoon of smoked sweet paprika, or picante if you prefer, both optional. If we do use paprika, we tend to opt for the sweet version.
- A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, more if you all like it.
- Baguette cut into 4 and then halved, or alternatively try some sliced sourdough bread You can play around with the measures, though try this first.
We think you'll also enjoy
Eggs are True Nutritional Superheroes
TheBoldage discusses why eggs or no longer the food villains of yesteryear.By Nigel Pritchard, 2021-03-01
3 Great British pie ideas
3 You Tube videos to hopefully give you some bold ideasBy TheBoldAge, 2022-04-19
Too Old For Exercise? Think again
TheBoldAge debunks any notion of taking it easy in this and related articlesBy Steve Foreman, 2020-08-30