By Marion Foreman. Published 2021-03-10BOLD-Living
How old is too old to succeed?
- We need passion – life is too short to spend hours doing something that we are not totally committed to
- We might need financial backing but also we might well have more disposable income than we had when we were younger and fewer draws on our money so the risk for investors and backers could be less.
- We need confidence – if we are going to go in front of crowd funders, banks, sponsors then we need to speak with authority. We need to know our product inside out – no ‘Dragons’ Den’ stumblings for us. We can turn to banks and local ‘start up’ initiatives for help, its good to get all the advice and support we can. Check out www.greatbusiness.gov.uk for loads of useful information.
- We need energy – we know that starting a business takes drive and determination - but we have learnt that over the years. We know how to pace ourselves and we know how to use our energy wisely; we know which battles to fight
- We need a sense of humour – we know not to take ourselves too seriously – all too aware of the finite nature of life we have learnt to grab opportunity and fun as we go along.
- And we need to Be Bold
We think you'll also enjoy
BE BOLD BOLDIES – Why not join a choir?
The benefits of singing in a choir are numerous get online and join a virtual choirBy Brian Thomas, 2020-03-25
Boldies say WE ARE!, not we were: 9 ways to have a happy retirement
Here’s how you can make the most of your new-found freedom in retirement.By Kate Whiting, 2020-08-21