username to postcode in 24 minutes
By Andrew Stark. Published 2021-03-18BOLD-Technology
Do you know how much of your information is available online? More importantly, what easy steps can you take to protect yourself?
We’re not saying don’t go online, we’re saying be careful with the information you put online and protect yourself.
- profiles can be set to private so that only people you know can view your profile
- don't use your last name in your profile
- use a secure password, with a password manager
Forums / Listings
- Check that the forum is private and that only registered users have access to the posts
- Go through the privacy settings, set your location to be a region; don't share your last name
- Don't use your home address on Companies House
- Ask to be removed from the open electoral register
- Keep your passwords secure - use a password manager